This Day Skipper Online Course has been approved and endorsed by the RYA as the RYA Day Skipper theory course and is a prerequiste to the practical RYA Day Skipper on-the-water training. Pass this Day Skipper Online Course and the practical training at any RYA Training Centre and you will receive the RYA Day Skipper Certificate - SAIL. This makes you automatically eligible to be awarded the ICC - International Certificate of Competence, required by European countries and signatories to United Nations Resolution 40 as the minimum requirements to sail in their waters and for power boats up to 10 meters.
NauticEd is an approved RYA Training Centre and though our affiliation, delivers the RYA Day Skipper Online Course to eNautical students through a hightech eLearning platform. eNautical students can take the multimedia interactive Day Skipper Online Course at their own home, and study at their own pace.
NauticEd is the world’s most advanced sailing education and sailing certification program providing learn to sail training from basics to advanced education through entertaining and interactive multimedia online sailing courses and an unparalleled network of global training centres.
RYA DAY SKIPPER ONLINE COURSE
- Approved by the RYA to meet the RYA Day Skipper requirements for theory knowledge and testing.
- You will be assigned an RYA Instructor to personally grade your test once submitted.
- You will be mailed RYA Charts, RYA Almanac, Electonic Navigation Simulator download-code for Mac and PC, Portland Plotter and Dividers.
- Study in New Zealand or anywhere in the world.
- Start, stop & continue when you want.
- Study online in the comfort of your own home, any time!
- Unlimited time to complete.
- Milestone review questions and answers.
- Take as long as you need to complete the final Day Skipper exam.
Includes 2 x RYA Charts, RYA Tidal Almanac, RYA Day Skipper Handbook, a set of Compass Dividers, Breton/Portland Chart Plotter, and examination grading by an RYA Yachtmaster Instructor.
DAY SKIPPER ONLINE COURSE
Weather and Sea Conditions
Rigging: Standing and Running
Rules of the Nautical Road
Slip Departure and Return
Tides and Currents
Anchoring and Mooring
Coping with Emergencies