The NZ Day Skipper Course delivered by NauticEd, has been endorsed by the RYA as an approved RYA Day Skipper Theory Course.
Successfully pass the NauticEd Day Skipper Course together with the practical training/test at any of the 500 RYA Training Centres in the world and you will obtain the RYA Day Skipper Certificate. Achieving this qualification automatically makes you eligible to be awarded the ICC – International Certificate of Competence.
The ICC is the world’s only true sailing licence for recreational boaties. Holding the ICC is now mandatory if you are sailing in Europe and its requirement is spreading worldwide.
RYA DAY SKIPPER COURSE
- Approved by the RYA to meet the RYA Day Skipper requirements for theory knowledge and testing.
- You will be assigned an RYA Instructor to personally grade your test once submitted.
- You will be mailed RYA Charts, RYA Almanac, Electonic Navigation Simulator download-code for Mac and PC, Portland Plotter and Dividers.
- Study in New Zealand or anywhere in the world.
- Start, stop & continue when you want.
- Study online in the comfort of your own home, any time!
- Unlimited time to complete.
- Milestone review questions and answers.
- Take as long as you need to complete the final Day Skipper exam.
Includes 2 x RYA Charts, RYA Tidal Almanac, RYA Day Skipper Handbook, a set of Compass Dividers, Breton/Portland Chart Plotter, and examination grading by an RYA Yachtmaster Instructor.
DAY SKIPPER COURSE NZ
Weather and Sea Conditions
Rigging: Standing and Running
Rules of the Nautical Road
Slip Departure and Return
Tides and Currents
Anchoring and Mooring
Coping with Emergencies
INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCE (ICC)
Sailing in European waters? Wanting your International License? You need the ICC!
This is the theory course and test for the RYA Day Skipper Course which makes you eligible for the ICC.
NauticEd is an approved RYA Distance Learning Centre. Pass this course and you're ready for the practical on the water course at any RYA school globally and will be eligible to apply for the International Certificate of Competence approved by the United Nations.